Commercial Analyst with Reservoir Engineering
For our client, we are looking for a commercial analyst to perform economic evaluations of existing oil & gas asset portfolio, potential new venture and any other investment opportunities in the UK and Norway region. The role will assist the technical team with creating production profiles for both exploration- and development projects, and in some cases also for producing assets.
- Run (and from time to time develop) Excel based economic models to assist in the valuation of existing assets and any potential new venture opportunities.
- Liaise with Asset Managers and other relevant personnel to ensure that the models have the most upto-date information when required
- Able to run variances at short notice and ensure that Management is provided with accurate and timely valuations for all assets, both current and potential.
- Prepare, compile and evaluate decision basis documents related to existing assets or new opportunities.
- Assist Commercial Manager preparing, evaluating and negotiating farm-in, asset and corporate acquisitions.
- Generate reserve estimates in accordance with company guidelines and SPE PRMS system
- Analyse and feed information into the corporate business planning and reserves reporting processes
- Carry out reservoir modelling using models as input to decisions/reservoir management
- Provide petroleum engineering input in support of exploration/business development projects, like reservoir/well performance evaluation, well placement, field appraisal and development planning, and production optimization, in liaison with other technical/commercial disciplines
- Generate notional production forecasts, using appropriate reservoir engineering methods in support of technical and economic prospect evaluation
- Work with geoscientists to develop resource ranges/recovery estimates; specifically prospect volumetric parameter selection
- Must be comfortable working across a spectrum of projects including early stage new ventures, exploration and appraisal projects and production.
- 5-10 years business work experience; preferably with an oil & gas operating company
- Analytical, with advanced level of skills in Excel, plus experience of economic modelling, including knowledge of Oil and Gas fiscal regimes.
- A strong commercial understanding is required, as well as a good understanding of all aspects of hydrocarbon exploration, development and production
- Fully conversant with activities, interfaces & requirements of other relevant disciplines (geoscience, completions & drilling, subsea & facilities engineering etc).
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly to both senior management and external parties
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to balance level of detail and effort versus business impact and priorities.
- Experience from hands on Reservoir Engineering, Simulation, SCAL, PVT etc.
- Experience working with Exploration/New Business functions
- Able to correctly classify reserves and resources according to SPE/WPC/AAPG guidelines and understand the importance of consistency between reserves/resources, the associated sales production profiles and required capital and operating costs to deliver the reserves/resources.
- Familiarity with reserves audits internally or from third parties and the need for good documentation.
For further information, feel free to contact Kine Buchanan: email@example.com or ph: 94799936